here to help
Immigration Guidance Fees
The fees quoted below will be varied depending on the complexity of your case and its individual merits. This will also depend on the need to involve third parties such as Experts, Interpreters, Barristers and others, if necessary. In certain circumstances we can offer to represent you for less on a fixed fee basis which will decrease the cost substantially. However, this is dependent on the factual background and each case is assessed on its own merits.
We strongly advise that Clients treat the schedule below as an indicative of the likely fees rather than the guaranteed final price.
Disbursements as identified above are not included unless specifically stated in the retainer.
|Initial Consultation*||£125.00 + 20% VAT.|
|Hourly Rate||£200.00 + 20% VAT
On average a good case takes between 8 – 12 hours to complete. Totalling £2,800.00 inclusive of 20% VAT being the total (approximately)
|Naturalisation or Registration Applications||From £1500.00 – £1800.00 + 20% VAT|
|EEA Applications, EEA Family Members, permanent residence, residence cards and registration certificates||From £1200.00 – £1500.00 + 20% VAT|
|Student & Work Experience Visas||From £1000.00 – £1200.00 + 20% VAT|
|Visit Visas||From £800.00 – £1200.00 + 20% VAT|
|Spouse and Partner Applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners||From £1500.00 – £1800.00 + 20% VAT|
|Applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System||From £1500.00 – £3000.00 + 20% VAT|
|Dependent Relative and Family Reunion Applications||From £1500.00 – £4000.00 + 20% VAT|
|Ancestry Visas||From £1200.00 + 20% VAT|
|Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence||From £1500.00 – £3000.00 + 20% VAT|
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreters fees at £50-£500+20% VAT per hour. Most immigration applications will normally require between 4-6 hours with an interpreter, depending on the complexity of your case. In most cases interpreters are provided by the Home Office and the Courts where required, therefore no payment is required.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal will be chargeable separately as per fee guidance.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 1 week of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
What services are included?
Most immigration instructions are on a fixed fee basis and the following is included within this fee, regardless of how many hours are spent on the matter:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how.
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
Some cases may require, Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you). Should you require our attendance this will be at an additional cost of £240 per hour plus mileage costs.
Each matter is different so we recommend that you contact us on 020 8 0512391 to discuss your matter further as the above schedule on costs and time should be used as a guide only.
How can we help you?
Vyman Solicitors has a wealth of experience and can provide you with a full service for your immigration law needs.
We provide essential support to immigrants nationwide.
Please note that you need to formally instruct us or arrange an appointment before we can consider your matter or give you any advice. We do not accept instructions on a “no win, no fee” or legal aid basis.