Services > Immigration > Indefinite Leave to Remain

here to help

Indefinite Leave To Remain

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) permanent residency is under EU Law.

If you are a citizen of a foreign country living in the UK, you may be able to apply for permanent residency, provided you satisfy specific criteria. Demonstrating this can be a confusing and complicated process, but the specialist immigration lawyers at Vyman Solicitors are on hand to help. We can advise on the most appropriate type of application for your circumstances and will guide you through the application process as simply and straightforwardly as possible.

Get in touch with us today on 0208 051 2391 or fill out our online enquiry form.

Quick Enquiry

here to help

What is ILR?

ILR gives you the right to live, work and study in the UK without immigration restrictions for an indefinite period. At the same time, you will retain your foreign citizenship and passport. Holders of ILR can, over time, become entitled to apply for British citizenship, also known as naturalisation, if they satisfy further criteria.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Who is eligible for ILR status?

When you become eligible to apply for ILR will depend on the type of UK visa you hold:

  • Partner of a British citizen or person settled in the UK visa: after two years if visas were issued before 9th July 2012, five or ten years if visas were issued on or after this date.
  • Tier 1 visa: after five years
  • Tier 2 visa: after five years in limited circumstances only
  • UK ancestry visa: after five years
  • Retired person visa: after five years
  • Discretionary Leave to Remain: / 10 years
  • Long Residence: after ten years of continuous legal residence

How can we help you?

Vyman Solicitors has a wealth of experience and can provide you with a full service for your immigration needs.

We provide essential support to immigrants nationwide.

Please note that you need to formally instruct us or arrange an appointment before we can consider your matter or give you any advice. We do not accept instructions on a “no win, no fee” or legal aid basis.