Services > Wills, Trusts & Probate > Probate and Estate Administration

Probate and Estate Administration

The legal process of administering a deceased person’s estate whether there is a Will or not is called Probate. We have extensive experience of obtaining Grants of Probate or Letters of Administration (where a person dies without leaving a Will) and dealing with the administration of estates. We also have experience of obtaining Probate where the person involved has foreign assets or had their permanent home in a foreign country.

Probate – simply put – is the legal process of looking after and distributing an individual’s estate after their death. However, when tackling the administration of an estate, this process can turn out to be far from simple. You have to deal with tax affairs, valuing assets, possibly selling off assets to name just a few.

"Gurbinder was incredibly supportive during the difficult sale of my former home and purchase of my new house..

I had immediate responses to all my queries and was made to feel my matter was top priority and that I was their most important client.

Communication was in a language I understood - no legal jargon! And with just the right balance of formality and informality." 

Quick Enquiry

How can we help?

At Vyman, when it comes to Probate and Estate Administration, our lawyers believe in taking a proactive approach. If you die without having made a Will, this means that there is no one specific individual appointed to deal with your affairs.

The person who is appointed to administer your estate could be someone you would not have chosen to deal with your affairs. The appointed person has to apply for a ‘Grant of Representation’ which, in simple terms, gives them authority to deal with your estate. We encourage our clients to plan for the future by making a Will and choosing an individual to administer their estate on their behalf.


Personal Representative

If you are appointed as a Personal Representative, either an executor or an administrator, our lawyers are able to assist you in the process of dealing with the estate, including identifying and communicating with debtors and creditors. We can help you through the process of applying for a Grant of Representation, which is issued by a Court to either the executor or to the administrators. You will need a Grant of Representation if you need to transfer a house or land, transfer or sell stocks and shares or obtain pay-outs from pensions and life policies.

Probate and Estate Administration Experts

Consultant Solicitor | Family Law, Wills & Probate